The crew at Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn, VA is hiring for a full-time cellarman position with a strong opportunity for growth into a brewer position. No prior brewing experience required but a familiarity with the industry is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will be ready, willing, and able to jump in with both feet to help us continue growing our brewery into a thriving, Mid-Atlantic, beer-lover’s paradise.
The right candidate will have:
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to think critically and work unsupervised
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation for all batches, processes, cleaning, and maintenance
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
The cellarman will report directly to our Head Brewer and will be actively involved in all facets of day-to-day operation from the receipt and processing of raw materials to the packaging and shipping of finished beer. General job duties include cellar work, filtration, kegging, bottling/canning, cleaning, and more cleaning.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Raw ingredient management/measurement per recipes/SOPs
- Basic brewhouse operation
- Helping to run quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Cellar work including beer transfer, filtration, and carbonation
- Packaging of draft, bottled, and canned product
- Tank cleaning and sanitation
- Cellar and cold box cleaning
- Line cleaning
- Even more cleaning
Old Ox Brewery is a family owned and operated brewery. We’re looking for a cellarman who can make an immediate impact and become a part of the extended Old Ox family. We are an equal opportunity employer, offer competitive salary, and a great incentive program.
If you possess the skills and desire to help us produce consistent, world-class beers in a thriving, beer loving community, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.