Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn, VA is looking for a full-time Brewer. The ideal candidate will have a year or more experience working production in a commercial brewery, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
Old Ox Brewery is currently a growing production brewery with a 30BBL system and a cellaring capacity of over 6,000BBLs/yr. We have a second taproom in Middleburg, VA with a 5bbl innovation brewhouse.
This is a great opportunity to combine the satisfaction of dialing beers in on the big system with the ability to pursue small, creative, one-off projects on the small system. Our brewers will be trained on both systems and will also do cellar work and operate our WG-250 canning line.
- 1+ years of production brewing experience
- Experience operating a wild goose canning line
- Tendency towards cleanliness
- Experience with barrel-aged, sour/funky, or other experimental beers
- Efficient time management, strong work ethic, and empathy
- Exceptional organizational skills and a desire to optimize
- Understanding of mechanical systems and facilities maintenance
- Ability to meet the physical demands of brewery life (standing for long periods, working in hot/cold/wet environments, working with chemicals and machinery, lifting up to 60lb, manipulating up to 165lb, etc)
- Love of beer!
- Wort Production on our 3 vessel 30bbl brewhouse
- Maintaining product quality through following best practices and SOP’s
- Running and maintaining our WG-250 canning line
- Cellar and packaging activities
- Recording daily production activities
The brewer will report directly to our Head Brewer and will be actively involved in all facets of day-to-day operation.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.
Old Ox Brewery is a family owned and operated brewery. We’re looking for a candidate who can make an immediate impact and become a part of the extended Old Ox family. We are an equal opportunity employer.