We are beyond excited to welcome you back to Old Ox as Northern Virginia enters Phase 1 of reopening. It’s not business as usual, but it’s progress. We will open our Middleburg outdoor beer garden on Friday, May 29 at noon and Ashburn will follow on Friday, June 5. We are providing the following information, so you will know what to expect.
Many of the following rules are a result of complying with Virginia Guidelines for opening in Phase 1. We’ve also implemented additional safety measures because it is our top priority to keep our customers and staff safe.
No one with fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days is permitted in Old Ox Brewery (or any establishment in the Commonwealth).
Hours: TH-SUN Noon to 7:00 p.m.
Phase 1 permits us to use only our outside space. We have arranged our tables to be 6’ apart (moving furniture not allowed!). Parties can be no larger than 10 people (7 in Middleburg due to space constraints) and only one party per table. A host or hostess will seat you and a server will take your order. Payment will be contactless by credit card only. Please remain at your table (no table hopping!) and please use appropriate social distancing when using the restroom.
Outside seating is weather dependent. Please check our Facebook pages for updates on whether the outdoor space is open.
We are a family-friendly brewery and we’ve debated whether children and pets should be welcomed during Phase 1. We’ve decided to allow children and pets the first weekend for those who pledge to keep children seated at their table at all times. Pets are also welcome but must adhere to the same 6’ distancing rules that humans do. No “what a cute puppy!” petting!
Servers will take your orders. In order to give you the freshest possible beer, some beer will be served on draft and others in cans. All beer will be served in plastic cups. (Unfortunately, Order of the Ox members cannot use their mugs.)
If you would like to take beer home, most of our beer is available in 4- or 6-packs. If you would like a growler, per reopening rules, we can only fill new Old Ox growlers at this time.
Please note that you cannot buy package beer (4-packs/6-packs/bottles/growlers) for consumption in our beer garden. According to ABC rules, we must open any canned beer that is to be consumed on site.
We are committed to doing everything we can to keep our customers and staff healthy. Here are a few of steps we have taken:
- We are practicing social distancing at all stages–from waiting for tables to seating area to going up and down stairs. Social distancing floor markers will help everyone respect social distancing requirements.
- Tables will be disinfected between each seating. Please do not clear your table. We will take care of that for you!
- We are following CDC guidelines for monitoring staff wellness, sanitizing surfaces, and washing hands.
- Staff are required to wear KN95 face masks and gloves.
- You, our guests, are requested to wear face masks when not seated at your table. Virginia is mandating wearing face masks in public spaces effective May 29.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for you to use in the outdoor space and near the restrooms.
Curbside Pickup and Home Delivery Continues!
Please place your order on our website and pick up in the separately designated areas.
Information specific to each location will be posted later this week.