2020 Order of the Ox Membership is now open!
You are invited to become a member of The Order of the Ox, a society of passionate Old Ox fans, dedicated to the relentless pursuit of convivial fellowship and exquisite beer. There are a limited number of membership slots available so act fast before they are all gone. 2020 Order of the Ox members can enjoy Order of the Ox benefits in both locations:
Order of the Ox members will receive:
- A personalized 18-oz. beer mug* that resides in the taproom all year, and goes home with you at the end of the year
- 15% off full-size draft pours every day which can be applied to a tab of up to 10 guests; discount does not apply to tasters and half pints
- 15% off 64-oz. growler fills every day
- 10% off Old Ox merchandise + package beer
- Your Order of the Ox benefits apply in both Ashburn & Middleburg. guest mugs are available for you to use.
- Our 2019 Order of the Ox members let us know that what they liked most about being a member was the meetups with other members. In 2020, we are introducing Order of the Ox Happy Hour on Fridays at 5:30 in both Ashburn & Middleburg.
- Two beer releases available for only members to purchase. Both bottles and draft will be available.
- Invitation to participate in one of the two brew days
- Invitation to the beer release parties for the two member-only beer releases
- Member-only Order of the Ox t-shirt
- Annual Member Meeting in January
- Access to a closed Facebook Group where members can communicate with each other and the brewery. We will also post brewery news for easy viewing
- One Ashburn meetup and one Middleburg meetup for all Order of the Ox members.
- 2020 Order of the Ox members will be given priority to enroll as a 2021 member of Order of the Ox.
* Please note that while any beer served in a snifter is eligible for the 15% discount, it is not eligible for an 18-oz. pour and will be served in a snifter. Upon request, however, the tasting room staff will pour the contents of the snifter into your Order of the Ox mug.
If you break your mug there will be a $15 fee for a new one.
Q: Why is there an Order of the Ox?
A: We have had numerous requests from Old Ox fans to run a program such as this and we think it’s a great idea! It gives us an opportunity to work more closely with our loyal customers to get feedback on their Old Ox Experience in general and particularly the beers we brew. We are always looking for ways to enrich our customers’ experience!
Q: What is the cost to join Order of the Ox?
A: The annual fee for 2020 is $150.00 plus VA sales tax (6%). The membership year is January 2-December 31.
Q: When will I receive my mug, key and shirt?
A: All of the above merchandise and discounts will be available starting January 2, 2020.
Q: Are all beers eligible to be consumed in my Mug Club mug?
A: Our core and seasonal offerings and any beer served in a 16 oz. pint glass is eligible to be served in your 18 oz. Mug Club mug. Specialty beers will be served in the appropriate glass; however, you will receive your Mug Club discount on specialty beers.
Q: Do I have to drink beers out of my Mug Club mug?
A: No, but please note that the Mug Club mug is 18 oz. which is larger than our standard 16-oz. pint glass. If you would prefer to drink from the standard pub glass, you will receive the Mug Club discount but not the additional 2 oz. pour you would get with your Mug Club mug.
Q: When will the members-only beer be released?
A: We will be brewing member-only beers in the spring and in the fall. We will be taking input from our Order of the Ox members to see what beers they would like us to brew.
Q: When is the first member meeting?
A: We’d like to welcome our founding members in January. This will give us a chance to get feedback for the special beer releases, answer questions about the Order of the Ox and hear your thoughts about the brewery. We will poll members to determine the exact date.
Q: Is membership limited?
A: Yes, we have limited the number of members in both clubs. The Ashburn 2020 membership is very limited because 2019 members were allowed to renew their membership before opening to the general public. Each member is given a number which are assigned in the order the membership application/payment is received.
Q: Sign me up!
Terms & Conditions
You must be 21 years old or older to join Order of the Ox. Membership is for one calendar year: January 2-December 31. Membership dues are non-refundable.
Members will be assigned a number representing the order in which they joined. This number can be carried over from year-to-year.
Memberships are individual and only the individual member is eligible for all benefits of the society (except discounts can be applied to a member tab for up to 10 guests).
Special members-only beers must be picked up in person within 60 days of release date. If member is not local to the area, please designate a “trusted friend” to pick up the beer. No refunds will be given if beer is not picked up.