The crew at Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn, VA is looking for an experienced brewer who is ready, willing, and able to jump in with both feet to help us continue growing our brewery into a thriving, Mid-Atlantic, beer-lover’s paradise.
The right candidate will have:
- At least two years of commercial brewing experience
- Ability to think critically and work unsupervised
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation and schedules for all batches, processes, cleaning, and maintenance
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
The Brewer will report directly to our Head Brewer and will be actively involved in all facets of day-to-day operation from the receipt and processing of raw materials to the packaging and shipping of finished beer. General job duties include brewing, cellar work, filtration, kegging, bottling/canning, cleaning, and more cleaning.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Recipe development
- Raw ingredient management/measurement per recipes/SOPs
- Wort production on our 30 BBL brewhouse
- Yeast pitching/management and harvesting
- Helping to run quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Fermentation management
- Cellar work including transferring and filtration
- Keg filling
- Tank cleaning and sanitation
- Brewhouse cleaning and general cleanliness
- Cellar and cold box cleaning
- Line cleaning
- Even more cleaning
Old Ox Brewery is a family owned and operated brewery. We’re looking for a brewer who can make an immediate impact and become a part of the extended Old Ox family. We are an equal opportunity employer, offer competitive salary, and a great incentive program.
If you have the experience, skills, and desire to produce consistent, world-class beers in a thriving, beer loving community, send your resume to email@example.com.